Send your fishing questions and comments to "The White Lake Fisherman"
2017 Fishing Tournament
The 6th Annual WLCL Fishing Tournament is Saturday, June 10th. This is the time again to show your stuff on how you can catch fish on White Lake and take home some nice prize money and later get some recognition with a nice plaque commemorating the event with your buddies at a recognition event.
Men, woman, children, and families are welcome to participate. Each boat is responsible for their own fishing equipment. All of the rules are listed below. Good luck!
Click here to see photos and information about the 2016 winners!
White Lake Fishing Tournament
Rules and Regulations
- Tournament is open to all species of fish
- All fish caught must be caught in White Lake, Oakland County, Michigan
- All fish catching methods are acceptable
- All fishermen must abide by MDNR regulations for licenses*, fish size, and boating safety
- Only fish caught between the time of 7:00 am - 12:00 Noon Saturday June 10, 2017 are eligible for prize entry
- Fish must be live for measurement if possible
- There is no limit to the number of fishermen per boat (boat capacity applies)
- Combined weight of 3 largest fish per boat only for prizes regardless of the number of fish caught
- Tournament starts at 7:00 am
- Tournament ends at 12:00 Noon at the docks of the White Lake Inn (with air horn sound)
- All catches are to be judged to the discretion of the Tournament Director. All decisions are final.
- Tournament registration will be from 6:15-6:55 am at the White Lake Inn boat dock
- Registration tournament entry cost is $30.00 per boat (cash only)
- Each registered boat will receive a YELLOW WLCL FLAG that MUST be displayed to help identify the boats in the tournament
- The tournament director reserves the right to inspect any boat for fish prior to tournament
- Prizes will be awarded for the following categories: Largest one fish, largest combined weight of 3 fish or less per boat (1st and 2nd place prizes)
- Special prize: Largest walleye
- Tie breaker is overall length of largest fish
- The YELLOW WLCL FLAG must be returned upon fish weigh-in
The White Lake Fisherman - Tournament Director
*NOTE: This is part of a Michigan Free Fishing Weekend, so a Michigan fishing license is NOT required to fish in the tournament!
Archive of Fishing Reports from Previous Years:
The Michigan Department of Community Health, which issues fish advisories for all water bodies in Michigan, indicates that the levels of contaminants in White Lake are relatively good in comparison to other inland lakes, and especially good in comparison to rivers and the Great Lakes. The current statewide advisory more than adequately provides safeguards for consumption of fish from White Lake. Information regarding advisories and consumption of fish is available at www.michigan.gov/fishandgameadvisory
Michigan Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Information
Licenses, Seasons, and Permits
Michigan Fish and How to Catch Them
Send your comments and questions to email@example.com